Fujifilm FinePix AV100
PMA 2010 Report
Fujifilm announces the launch of the feature-rich and compact FinePix AV100 digital camera. Not only is this entry-level model perfect for the consumer on a budget, but the Fujifilm AV100 also offers ease of use and allows the user to take great images with minimal effort. Features such as HD Movie Capture, Automatic Scene Recognition, Face Detection and high ISO sensitivity levels provide the backdrop for the Fujifilm FinePix AV100 to capture stunning memorable moments in either still images or video. The FinePix AV100 utilizes a 12-Megapixel CCD sensor and a 2.7” High Resolution LCD. The FinePix AV100 hosts a Fujinon 3x optical zoom lens for greater range and flexibility.
Fujifilm FinePix AV100 entry-level digital camera
Combining the high resolution sensor and top quality Fujinon optics with the high sensitivity settings of up to ISO3200, the Fujifilm FinePix AV100 will deliver sharp, clear images in all conditions, perfect for enlarging on screen or in print without compromising image quality. The Fujifilm AV100 digital camera comes in a choice of black or silver.
Fujifilm FinePix AV100 easy to use camera
“We wanted to build upon our ‘A-Series’ camera line promise and provide consumers with affordable digital camera options with robust feature sets,” said David Troy, marketing manager, Consumer Digital Cameras, Electronic Imaging Division, Fujifilm North America Corporation. “This year, we are pleased to be able to offer HD Movie Capture to consumers looking to buy an affordable, easy to use camera and they will get with the new Fujifilm FinePix AV100.”
Capture HD videos with the Fujifilm AV100
The Fujifilm FinePix AV100 camera also captures High Definition (HD) videos at 720p with sound and still shots in 16:9 that can be played back on any HD ready television (or a home PC). There is also Fujifilm’s optional HD Player Kit, which includes an HD Card Reader that connects to HDTV for true digital transfer of HD quality and a wireless Remote Control for video playback from the comfort of your couch. The Fujifilm AV100 will be available in March at a price of $99.95.
Fujifilm FinePix AV100 camera features
Other noteworthy features in the Fujifilm FinePix AV100 include:
• Picture Search: Allows users to find images taken in a particular scene mode thereby ensuring it is much faster to navigate through the photos on your camera.
• Panoramic Shooting mode: Allows users to stitch three photos together to create a panoramic image, perfect for wide landscapes, tall buildings or groups of people.
• Scene Recognition Auto (SR AUTO): Intelligently detects the scene type and shooting conditions to optimize the camera’s focus, exposure and white balance.
• Face Detection: Ensures the settings are optimized for the people in the picture.
• Natural Light mode: Made for candid shots taken in a low-setting, this mode automatically increases the ISO to enable the flash to be forced off for discreet, non-intrusive shots.
• Digital Image Stabilization: Reduces image blur automatically and offers creative adaptability and excellent picture quality.
• AA-Battery Power: Using AA batteries is often most convenient for on-the-go digital camera users as it eliminates the need to charge battery packs, allowing for lots of picture-taking and the ease of battery replacement.