PMA 2018 Report
Delivering on its goal of getting the newest edition of its Reader family into customers’ hands for the holidays, Sony announced the Reader Daily Edition is now shipping. Pre-orders placed on via the SonyStyle website through December 20 have begun arriving to customers. The Sony Reader Daily Edition has garnered intense interest since its unveiling earlier this year, with pre-orders exceeding expectations. The device gives consumers wireless access to Sony’s Reader Store from most of the US, via AT&T’s 3G mobile broadband network. Book lovers can browse, purchase and download books as well as select newspapers on the go.
Sony Reader Daily Edition
There are no monthly fees or transaction charges for the basic wireless connectivity and users still have the option to side load personal documents or content from other compatible sites via USB. The Sony eReader Daily Edition is optimized for newspapers and offers periodical content in an elegant, easy-to-read format. The Sony Reader Daily Edition’s responsive, menu-driven, seven-inch touch screen lets readers quickly and intuitively navigate newspapers, turn pages, highlight text and take notes with the swipe of a finger or by using the included stylus pen.
Sony eReader includes many newspapers
The following newspapers are currently available for wireless delivery to the Sony Reader: The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Los Angeles Times and Chicago Tribune. Sony has agreements in place with a host of additional magazine and newspaper publishers, including exclusive offerings from The Wall Street Journal and New York Post, that will be available soon.
Sony Reader Daily Edition key features
• The new Sony Reader Daily Edition is now shipping and pre-orders placed on the website of SonyStyle through December 20 has begun arriving to customers’ homes.
• The Sony eReader Daily Edition provides wireless access to Sony’s Reader Store from most of the U.S.
• Wireless access is provided by AT&T’s 3G mobile broadband network.
• The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Los Angeles Times and Chicago Tribune are currently available on the Sony Reader Daily Edition.
• Sony has agreements in place with a host of additional magazine and newspaper publishers that will be available soon
• The Sony Reader Daily Edition’s seven-inch wide, full touch screen display provides intuitive navigation and comfortable layout of content, including newspapers and magazines, in portrait or landscape orientation.