Panasonic 14-140mm lens
PMA 2018 Report
Panasonic unveils a standard interchange-able zoom lens called the Lumix G VARIO HD 14-140mm/F4.0-5.8 ASPH./MEGA O.I.S. as a new member of the Lumix G Micro System. The new Panasonic Lumix G lens incorporates an inner focus direct-drive linear motor for focusing, which enables smooth, silent operation of its fast and accurate contrast AF system, for use in both photo and movie recording. Adopting the Micro Four Thirds System standard, the new lens offers a wide and long zoom range of 14-140mm (35mm camera equivalent: 28-280mm) to suit a large variety of shooting situations, from scenery to portraits or telephoto shots, in a surprisingly compact and lightweight body.
Panasonic 14-140mm lens
The new lens system uses four aspherical lenses and two ED lenses to achieve dramatic downsizing despite its powerful 10x optical zoom, while minimizing distortion and chromatic aberration. Panasonic's Mega O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) suppresses the blurring that is commonly caused by hand-shake, making it easy to shoot clear shots even at telephoto range or in dimly lit places without using a tripod.
Panasonic 14-140mm HD standard zoom lens
When mounted on the Panasonic DMC-GH1 Lumix G Micro System Camera, the new lens allows use of the advanced contrast AF system, which includes a Face Recognition function, for more convenient, more enjoyable shooting. Seven blades give the aperture a rounded shape that produces an attractively smooth effect in out-of-focus areas when shooting at larger aperture settings. The new Panasonic Lumix G VARIO HD 14-140mm/F4.0-5.8 ASPH./MEGA O.I.S. lens also features a highly reliable metal mount, and uses multi-coated lens elements that minimize ghosts and flare to further enhance its optical performance.
Panasonic 14-140 mm lens specifications
• Lens Construction : 17 elements in 13 groups (4 Aspherical lenses, 2 ED lenses)
• Mount : Micro Four Thirds mount
• Optical Image Stabilizer : Yes
• Focal Length : f=14mm to 140mm (35mm camera equivalent 28mm to 280mm)
• Aperture Type : 7 diaphragm blades / Circular aperture diaphragm
• Aperture : F4.0 (Wide) - F5.8 (Tele)
• Minimum Aperture : F22
• Closest Focusing Distance : 0.50m / 1.64ft at all focal lengths
• Maximum magnification : Approx. 0.2x / 0.4x (35mm camera equivalent)
• Diagonal Angle of View : 75°（W）～8.8°（T）
• Filter Size : φ62mm / 2.44 in
• Max. Diameter : φ70mm / 2.76 in
• Overall Length : Approx. 84mm (the tip of the lens to the base side of the lens mount)
• Weight : Approx. 460g / 16.23oz
• Standard Accessories : Lens Cap, Lens Hood, Lens Rear Cap, Lens Storage Bag