Panasonic 7-14mm lens
PMA 2018 Report
Panasonic unveils a new interchangeable ultra wide-angle zoom lens called the Panasonic Lumix G VARIO 7-14mm/F4.0 ASPH. In spite of its impressive wide-angle zoom range of 7-14mm (35mm camera equivalent; 14-28mm), the new lens is surprisingly compact and lightweight for casual on-the-go use. Taking advantage of its wide, 114-degree angle of view, users can easily fit subjects into the frame even when shooting indoors where the distance is limited. The world looks extraordinary when viewed through the new lens, allowing photos and movies to be recorded with a uniquely rich perspective.
Panasonic 7-14mm lens
This high-performance lens system achieves outstanding compactness by combining 16 lens elements in 12 groups, including two aspherical lenses and four ED lenses. Image resolution is high from corner-to-corner even at the wide-angle setting. It also features F4.0 brightness over the entire zoom range thanks to its large-diameter glass molded lens elements.
Panasonic 7-14 mm ultra wide-angle zoom lens
When mounted on the Panasonic DMC-GH1 Lumix G Micro System Camera, the new lens allows use of the advanced contrast AF system, which includes a Face Recognition function, for more convenient, more enjoyable shooting. Seven blades give the aperture a rounded shape that produces an attractively smooth effect in out-of-focus areas when shooting at larger aperture settings. The Panasonic Lumix G VARIO 7-14mm/F4.0 ASPH. lens also features a highly reliable metal mount, and uses multi-coated lens elements that minimize ghosts and flare to further enhance its optical performance. The optimally designed lens hood enables use even under strong sunlight.
Panasonic lens 7-14mm specifications
• Lens Construction : 16 elements in 12groups (2 Aspherical lenses, 4 ED lenses)
• Mount : Micro Four Thirds mount
• Optical Image Stabilizer : No
• Focal Length : f=7mm to 14mm (35mm camera equivalent 14mm to 28mm)
• Aperture Type : 7 diaphragm blades / Circular aperture diaphragm
• Aperture : F4.0
• Minimum Aperture : F22
• Closest Focusing Distance : 0.25m / 0.8ft at all focal lengths
• Maximum magnification : Apporox. 0.08x / 0.15x (35mm camera equivalent)
• Diagonal Angle of View : 114°（W）～75°（T）
• Max. Diameter : φ70mm / 2.76 in
• Overall Length : 83.1mm (top of the lens hood to the base side of the lens mount)
• Weight : Approx. 300g / 10.58 oz
• Standard Accessory : Lens Cap, Lens Rear Cap, Lens Storage Bag